THE STRATEGICAL MEANING OF DIGITAL BOMB JAMMING
Improvised, radio controlled explosive devices, also known as RCIEDs, road-side bombs and suicide car bombs, have caused over 50% of all combat casualties in warzones like Iraq & Afghanistan, both killed and wounded.
unival Digital Wideband Jamming Systems are specifically designed to counteract the detonation of IEDs by remote devices, such as cell phones, garage door openers or hand held radios. All jammer are built to be operated under harshest conditions, while the latest German high-end hardware and software is providing best jamming capabilities in class.
A jammer is a special transmitter that prevents a receiver from receiving a recognizable signal from the intended transmitter.
The jammer does this by transmitting on the same frequency as the target transmitter/ receiver, but with higher power or specialized waveforms (jamming techniques). This action prevents the receiver from correctly interpreting the transmitter’s signal thus preventing the output signal being sent from the receiver to the IED initiator.
- Transmits jamming signals on one or more frequencies according to amplifier bandwidth and output power
- Cannot be optimized and adapted to local conditions
- Available output power is allocated over complete wideband (and therefore wasted in no-threat frequencies)
- Individually programmable via remote control, based on database and local intelligence
- Start/ Stop frequencies in all frequency bands, step-sizes, modulation, pre-programmed jamming scenarios and allocation of output-power
- Pre-programmed jamming profiles can be installed plug & play for immediate use in any operational environment
Regardless if unival digital jamming systems are used in a convoy, mobile or stationary, all systems are operated with the same software and can be program-med specifically according to customers requirements.
New threat frequencies can be programmed within minutes and saved to the database without replacing any hardware, which makes our jamming systems also ready to use for future tasks, new frequency bands (e. g. LTE) and adaptable for different kind of threat scenarios.
Pre-programmed files can be installed via plug & play for immediate use in any operational environment. Several jamming profiles can be uploaded into the system. Via remote control the system can be programmed directly according to the scenario requirements.
The design of our digital jamming systems incorporates modular construction to provide ease of maintenance, and upgrade / expansion to meet future requirements.
In addition our clients have access to our internal resources in terms of in-house development and programming to ensure the best system performance in real-life scenarios.